Effective: February 26, 2021
If you are under the age of 13, please be aware that we cannot collect or use your information without the approval of a parent or legal guardian. We kindly ask that you get your parent or legal guardian to review this policy and contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
The Site is targeted for use by parents or legal guardians and is not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or knowingly allow children under 13 to register for use of the Site. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any username you may use. In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information as quickly as possible. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
In order for a child under the age of 13 to register for the DCP Championship, their parent or legal guardian must register the child through the Site. Thereafter, only a parent or legal guardian may interact with the Site and act on behalf of the child.
Information We Collect
We receive information that is directly provided to us, such as personally identifiable information, which is information that be used to specifically identify or contact an individual, such as name, address, email, telephone number (“Personal Information”). We may request Personal Information about you or ask you to provide us with information about others, including Personal Information, such as the name, age, gender, date of birth and registration number of participants who you register for a DCP Championship.
Examples of Personal Information we collect include, but is not limited to, your Internet Protocol (IP) address (for example, when you visit the Site); contact information, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone, registration identification number, or demographic information, such as date of birth, age, gender (for example, when you register a participant for the DCP Championship); password or other login credentials (for example, when you create and access your accounts on the Site); credit card information (for example, when you purchase tickets); information you submit when you contact us through the Site or email; and geolocation information, including precise information about the location of your mobile device, to the extent that such information is provided by your device.
The above are only examples of the types of Personal Information and non-personal information we may collect. The actual types collected depend on the specific product or service you request, the types of transactions you conduct on the Site, and the various activities in which you participate. Although information may be required to participate in certain activities or promotions, registrants and/or participants provide the information on a voluntary basis.
We also receive information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as non-personally identifiable information collected from your browser or device that does not identify you as an individual person.
Information You Provide To Us: We collect information from you or your devices when visiting this Site or using any Services, including when you:
- create an account;
- register a participant for the DCP Championship or other DCP events;
- communicate with us, such as when you email with us, provide feedback, request support, ask questions, interact with our social media accounts, etc.,
- make a purchase, such as when you use credit information to make a purchase through the Services;
- participate in an offered activity, such as sweepstakes, contests or other promotions; and
- subscribe to content we offer such as newsletters.
Information We Automatically Collect: Certain information may be passively or automatically collected as you navigate the Site or receive emails in connection with the Services. The types of automatically collected information may include, but is not limited to, IP address, usage and “clickstream” data, which includes the type of device and browsing software you are using and their settings (including language settings), your browser ID, general geographic information derived from your IP address, URL information, the address of the website from which you linked to a Service, the pages or content you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, any search terms you have entered on the Services or a referral site, and the time stamps of your visits to the Services; unique numerical identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers; information about your interactions with our email messages; and geolocation information, including precise information about the location of your mobile device, to the extent that such information is provided by your device.
We automatically collect this information using tracking tools, such as cookies, web beacons, pixels and other similar technologies. We collect information about users over time when you use the Services or view our emails. We may also have third parties collect information this way, such as web analytics companies, and social networking platforms. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of tools we use to collect information:
You can opt-out of collection by Google Analytics by visiting:
- Do Not Track - Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature which sends a signal that you prefer a website you are using not collect or use data regarding your online browsing behavior. At this time, this Site does not recognize “do not track” signals or other automated browser signals regarding tracking.
We may collect information from you when you create an account, purchase goods and services, contact us through the Services, or submit an entry application for a participant to play in a DCP Championship or submit other forms or information through the Services.
By visiting the Site, you acknowledge and agree that you give us your consent to track your activities and use of the Site through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and we may use such tracking technologies in emails we send to you.
How We Use The Information
We use your information to:
- establish and manage your account;
- fulfill requests regarding your use of the Site (for example, we may use your information for processing and evaluating a participant application, processing transactions on certain offerings on the Site, sending order and shipping confirmations, processing and collecting payments, or offering newsletters);
- provide customer and technical support, respond to inquiries, and send you important administrative communications regarding the Site and participant registration information;
- manage the DCP Championship and other DCP events;
- understand your needs and interests and to customize your experience on the Site;
- send you newsletters and marketing information, such as updates and notices about DCP (or select third parties) products, services and benefits we think you would be interested in;
- conduct analyses to understand how you use the Site and its offerings in order to improve the Site and its offerings and provide you with better content, products and services;
- comply with applicable legal requirements;
- to protect you, participants, the Services, and us, against error and fraud.
We may use the information we collect through the Services as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time. Information obtained through the Services (including both Personal Information and non-personal information) may be combined and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Services or at different times, including both offline and online sources and from third parties.
Please be aware that if you choose to submit information or content for publication (e.g., a posting to a blog or discussion board, or submitting a video), we may publish that information and content, along with other information about you (such as your name, age and/or general location). We also may publish information about participants in DCP Championships or other DCP events, such as name, likeness, location, and/or results, which may be displayed publicly on the Site or through the Services, and may be used and redistributed by us in our sole discretion.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your Personal Information and non-personal information with third parties in certain circumstances. For example, we will share your information:
- with service providers, technical consultants, broadcast partners, affiliates and vendors who assist us, where such sharing is reasonably necessary to providing you with a requested service or to operating and maintaining the Services (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, ticketing companies, payment processing companies and other similar vendors and services providers) or conducting the DCP Championship;
- if we have to in order to comply with legal requirements, such as in response to court orders or subpoenas, or as part of a government or administrative agency investigation;
- with our founders or our affiliates for the purposes of providing the Services or to provide you with information about DCP (or third parties) products, services, and benefits we think would be of interest to you, such as other junior golf programs;
- with third-party auditors;
- to an acquirer or successor entity in the event we, or a substantial portion of our assets, undergo a business restructuring, transfer of ownership, or similar transaction;
- with third parties to permit us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, the rules or policies of our Services, or the rights of third parties, or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper;
- when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
Except as provided above, we do not share your Personal Information with any third party without your opt-in permission. However, we may share non-personal information with third parties for their marketing and other purposes, with or without your consent. We may also disclose non-personal information regarding our users and user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Services to third parties, including, for example, aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
Security of Information
We will take reasonable steps to help prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Personal Information and non-personal information we collect through the Services, and such safeguards vary depending on the sensitivity of the information collected and stored. While we take appropriate measures to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that communications between you and any Services, or information stored on the Sites or servers, will be free from unauthorized access, alteration or destruction by third parties. Your use of the Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
You should be aware that any information and content, including Personal Information you post to message boards, community tools, or other publicly accessible forums, may be viewed and used by anyone with access to such forums. By using these Services, you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails or other messages from DCP by following the instructions in any marketing communications you receive from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Links to Other Websites
Any of the Services may contain links, banners, or advertisements to other websites. When you click on such links, banners, or advertisements, the privacy policies of the websites to which you are linked and/or their service provider (as applicable) will govern the use of your information collected on such sites. DCP does not have access to or control over any technologies or practices that may be used by third parties.
United States Only
The Services are intended only for users in the United States of America. By using the Services, you agree and acknowledge that the Services are hosted in the United States and that information collected through the Services (including Personal Information) will be stored and processed in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and the application of the laws of the United States, which may not be as protective or comprehensive as those that exist in your home jurisdiction. Your information may also be transferred to entities other than DCP and its founders, which entities may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States. Each of these countries has different privacy laws that afford varying levels of protection for your information, and such laws may not be as protective or comprehensive as those that exist in your home jurisdiction.
DCP Championship, LLC
P.O. Box 2444
Augusta, GA 30903