In consideration of the right of Participant to participate in the 2024 Drive, Chip & Putt Competition (the “Event”) scheduled to be held on April 7, 2024 at Augusta National Golf Club, including any local, sub-regional and regional qualifiers for the DCP Championship, I hereby, on behalf of myself and the Participant (for whom I am the authorized parent/legal guardian), agree to the following:
Medical Release. I, on my own behalf and on behalf of Participant, acknowledge and agree that participation in the Event subjects Participant to the possibility of physical illness or injury (minimal, serious, catastrophic and/or death) including, without limitation, the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness, and that I, on my own behalf and on behalf of Participant and any other attendees accompanying Participant (collectively, “Participant Group”), acknowledge that Participant Group is assuming the risk of such illness or injury by participating in the Event. In the event of such illness or injury, I, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, authorize the Masters Tournament Foundation, the PGA of America and the United States Golf Association (collectively, the “Event Organizers”) (or their authorized agents/affiliates) to obtain necessary medical treatment for Participant and hereby, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, release and hold harmless the Event Organizers and all affiliated entities (including, but not limited to, Event host golf courses and Event vendors), all Event sponsors and each of their subsidiaries, trustees, officers, directors, staff, employees, volunteers and authorized representatives (“Releasees”) in the exercises of this authority. I further acknowledge and understand that I will be responsible for any and all medical and related bills that may be incurred on behalf of Participant for any illness or injury that Participant may sustain during the Event and/or while traveling to and from the site(s) for the Event whether or not the Event actually occurs.
Insurance and Medical Information. I agree that Participant shall bring medications which Participant is required to take with him/her to the Event and that he/she shall consume the prescribed dosage for such medications. The Event Organizers will not, and will not allow any Event associated entity or individual to, administer any medications while the Participant is on site.
I, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with participation by the Participant Group in this Event, and I hereby elect to voluntarily allow Participant to participate in said Event. I, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by anyone in the Participant Group, or any loss or damage to our property, as a result of participating in this Event, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Event is being conducted or while in transit during and to and from said Event.
In consideration of the right to participate in the Event, I, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, hereby COVENANT NOT TO SUE, and further HOLD HARMLESS, RELEASE, WAIVE, and DISCHARGE the Releasees from any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, actions and causes of action whatsoever (including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Releasees) arising out of or related to (in whole or in part) any loss, damage, or injury (including, but not limited to, physical or mental injury, aggravation of any pre-existing illness or condition, permanent disability or death), that may be sustained by anyone in the Participant Group, or to any property belonging to anyone in the Participant Group, or otherwise, arising out of our participation in the Event and/or traveling to or from any Event related activity and/or event. I further AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any loss, liability, damages, or costs, including, but not limited to, court costs and attorney's fees, that may result from Participant Group being allowed to participate in the Event.
Further, I hereby:
- agree that prior to allowing Participant to participate, I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise an official of such conditions(s) and refuse to participate until such conditions(s) is corrected;
- agree that my/Participant’s acts, poses, words and performances at the Event will be in good taste and will not reflect negatively on the image, reputation or business of the Releasees and agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur due to Participant’s participation in or otherwise in connection with the Event, whether caused by the negligence of any Releasees or otherwise;
- grant full permission to each of the Releasees, with no obligation to compensate anyone in the Participant Group or to provide anyone in the Participant Group any right to review or pre-approve, to use each Participant Group member’s name, voice, statements, image, likeness, and/or actions, in addition to any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings, and/or other record of Participant’s performances(s) in the Event in perpetuity worldwide in any manner (as determined by the Releasees) and in any and all media, whether now known or unknown or hereafter devised , and represent that I have the right to grant such permission;
- expressly agree that (a) this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Georgia laws (which shall govern this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT) and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall nonetheless continue in full legal force and effect and (b) for the purposes of any action or proceeding arising out of this RELEASE AND WAIVER OR LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, I expressly submit to the jurisdiction of all federal and state courts located in the State of Georgia; and
- acknowledge that the Releasees are relying on the grant of rights contained herein.
I hereby certify that I and/or my child have and will abide by the rules and regulations of the Event, as such are established by the Event Organizers, and that the information provided through the registration process is true and correct. I acknowledge that any violation of the previous statement shall result in immediate disqualification of me or Participant from the Event.
It is my express intent that this Release and Waiver shall bind the members of the Participant’s family and any other members of the Participant Group, and their respective heirs, assigns and personal representative(s). I further agree that this Release and Waiver shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
I hereby warrant that I have read this Release and Waiver Form in its entirety and fully understand its contents. I, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, am aware that this Release and Waiver Form releases Releasees liability and contains an acknowledgement of my (on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group) voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury or illness. I, on my own behalf and on behalf of others in the Participant Group, further acknowledge that nothing in this Release and Waiver Form constitutes a guarantee that the Event will occur.
If this Release and Waiver Form is being executed by an authorized Parent and/or Legal Guardian for a minor, such Parent and/or Legal Guardian hereby accepts and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of this Release and Waiver Form on behalf of the minor in connection with the minor’s participation in the Event. If, despite this Release and Waiver Form, such authorized Parent and/or Legal Guardian, or anyone on the minor’s behalf, makes a claim for liability against any of the Releasees, such authorized Parent and/or Legal Guardian will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any liabilities which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
By registering the Participant for the Event on the Drive, Chip & Putt website (“Site”) and accepting the Terms & Conditions thereof, you are signing this Release and Waiver Form electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Release and Waiver Form. By accepting the Site Terms and Conditions you consent to be legally bound by this Release and Waiver Form 's terms and conditions and acknowledge that you have signed this document voluntarily and of your own free will.
Last Updated: January 19, 2023