Whether you’re playing at home or your home course, we want to see how you’re getting creative with your golf game and making the most of this off season. Show us your best Drive in August, Chip in September, and Putt in October. We will select two winners each week to feature and win some awesome DCP swag!
Here’s how you join the #DCPHomeTeam:
1. Follow @drivechipandputt on Instagram or @DriveChipPutt on Twitter. You can find details on Facebook, but no entries will be accepted through Facebook.
2. Post a video showing your best Drive (in August), Chip (in September) or Putt (in October), whether that be from your home or at the course, whichever your community or guardians have deemed safe, on Instagram feed* or Twitter by the end of each designated month. We want to see how creative you have gotten during the adjustments that we all have had to make within the current environment.
a. Our Drive Challenge is the month of August
b. Our Chip Challenge is the month of September
c. Our Putt Challenge is the month of October
3. Use the hashtag #DCPHomeTeam and tag us in your caption.
4. We encourage you to challenge friends, by tagging them in your caption with your entry on Instagram feed or Twitter, to join your team!
5. Have fun & be creative!
6. Account must be public, in order to be entered to win.
7. See below for the official rules.
*Please note, Instagram Stories will not be counted as submissions, but are encouraged for sharing once posted to your feed.
#DCPHOMETEAM OFFICIAL RULES
THESE RULES CONTAIN A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS AND WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR REGARDING THE CONTEST.
1. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD:
- The #DCPHomeTeam (the “Drive Contest”), begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, August 14, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, August 31, 2020 (the “Drive Contest Period”). Entry deadlines during the Drive Contest Period are 11:59p.m. ET on August 23 and August 31.
- The #DCPHomeTeam (the “Chip Contest”), begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 (the “Chip Contest Period”). Entry deadlines during the Chip Contest Period are 11:59p.m. ET on September 6, September 13, September 20, and September 30.
- The #DCPHomeTeam (the “Putt Contest”), begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, October 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Saturday, October 31, 2020 (the “Putt Contest Period”). Entry deadlines during the Putt Contest Period are 11:59p.m. ET on October 11, October 18, October 25, and October 31.
Each of the foregoing will be considered a “Contest Period.”
Contest entries are to include Videos (as defined below) of young athletes under the age of 18. This Contest is open only to residents of the 50 United States and DC, (i) who are over 18 years of age and have a child or ward age under 18 years old in the Video or (ii) are between 13 and 18 years of age as of the date of entry if entering their own Video. Entrants over 18 must be the parent or legal guardian of the child in the Video to be eligible. Entrants must use the hashtag #DCPHomeTeam with entry.. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian prior to entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Drive, Chip and Putt, LLC, Augusta National Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Instagram account used to post the Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant.
3. AGREEMENT TO RULES:
By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
A valid Instagram or Twitter account is required to enter. Take a video (“Video”) showing us how you are practicing and your best Drive, Chip, or Putt, whether from your home or at a course (whichever your community or parents or guardians have deemed safe), during the adjustment we have all had to make during COVID-19 and submit it through one (1) of the two (2) methods below. Video should not include footage from any official event produced by a third party for which the use for the Contest is prohibited.
Instagram Entry and Twitter Entry collectively referred to herein as “Entry” or “Entries”. Do not use the #DCPHomeTeam for unrelated updates, which may cause you to violate the terms of the applicable social media platform.
Sponsor may not receive entries from Twitter or Instagram users with “protected” accounts or profiles that are not public (i.e. user has set the Account so that only people the user has approved can view updates). Twitter and Instagram posts not received by the Sponsor will not be entered into the Contest. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, Twitter account or Instagram account. Incomplete Entries will not be accepted and are void.
Each Entry must include an original Video. Entries submitted with a Video that has already been submitted or that is substantially the same as a previously submitted Video, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Once an Entry is submitted it cannot be modified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, garbled, inaccurate, invalid, misdirected, undelivered, or delayed Entries. No altered or incomplete submissions will be accepted.
There is no limit of Entry per person per entry method per Contest Period. Entries received by the deadline for an entry during one Contest Period will not roll-over to any subsequent week in that Contest Period or a subsequent Contest Period.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS:
All Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- No individuals may appear in the Video without express written permission. If Video features individuals other than Entrant, You must have express permission of the individual appearing in the Video and if the individual is a minor under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, You must obtain written permission from the minor’s legal guardian.
- Videos must conform to the format and size requirements and limitations of Twitter or Instagram.
- Entry cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Contest.
- By submitting a Video taken by a third party, You warrants and represent that You has secured all rights and clearances to the Video from the videographer.
- Entry cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- Entry cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
- Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
- Entry cannot contain content that defaces or depicts any person, brand, product or company in a negative or inappropriate manner.
- Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
- Entry cannot reference or contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any brand, products, company or person, living or dead, without permission.
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor, Twitter and Instagram wish to associate.
- Entry cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
- Entry cannot in any way reference persons or organizations without written permission from any person or organization whose name or likeness is used.
- Entry may not include images of a known celebrity, famous or well-known person or any image which violates the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
- Video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or won any previous awards.
By submitting an Entry, You understand and grant to Sponsor (and those acting with Sponsor’s permission) an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, display, reproduce, transmit, and perform Your Entry, Video, name, hometown and likeness on the Sponsor’s various websites and social media sites and in advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, permission or notification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Entry, which includes the Video and has not obligation to use or highlight any Video.
By submitting an Entry, You warrant and represent that: (a) your Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) You own all rights to the Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any Video was photographed/videoed by someone other than You; and (c) You will indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or Your conduct in creating the Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest.
ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTEST ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
7. CONTEST PRIZES:
Total of twenty (20) potential winners, four (4) during the Drive Contest Period, eight (8) during the Chip Contest Period, and eight (8) during the Putt Contest Period. The Winner(s) during each Contest Period (each a “Winner”) will receive #DCPHomeTeam Swag that has an approximate retail valued between $25-$50. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of “Winner”. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
8. WINNERS SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
Potential winners during each Contest Period will be selected by vote of a judging panel under the supervision of Sponsor based on the following judging criteria: creativity of the shot, quality of the shot, quality of the video, overall compelling nature of the video. Potential Winners will be notified by Social Direct Message within five (5) days following selection of the potential “Winner”. Upon the request of Sponsor, potential Winner (and potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign and return a Winner’s Statement and Release and associated text documentation. Sponsor shall have no liability for potential Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for potential Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If potential Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize and provided required documentation within 14 Days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Winner selected (time permitting). Receipt by Winners of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Please allow 2-4 weeks after Winner confirmation for delivery of prize. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION PRIOR TO CONFIRMATION AS A PRIZE WINNER. ALL PRIZES MAY NOT BE AWARDED IF AN INSUFFICIENT NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES ARE RECEIVED. LIMIT OF ONE PRIZE PER PERSON DURING ENTIRE CONTEST.
10. RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU:
By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Your Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that Your Entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of Your Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
11. TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select potential “Winners” from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple Entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple Entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by these Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Augusta National Inc, United States Golf Association, PGA of America, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment or any typographical or other errors in the printing or posting of these Rules or the selection or announcement of any Winners; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF GEORGIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United States and the State of Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and You hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest) and waive the right to trial by jury in any dispute, claim, or cause of action related to this Contest. You further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
The Sponsor of the Contest is Drive, Chip and Putt, LLC, 2604 Washington Road, Augusta, GA 30904 (“Sponsor”).
The Contest sponsored by Drive, Chip and Putt, LLC, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
The Contest sponsored by Drive, Chip and Putt, LLC, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
The Contest sponsored by Drive, Chip and Putt, LLC, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
18. WINNERS LIST . To obtain a list of the Contest Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Drive, Chip and Putt, LLC, Attn: DCPHomeTeam Contest, 2604 Washington Road, Augusta, GA 30904.