Drive, Chip and Putt Championship LLC
Drive, Chip and Putt Championship LLC
Please note that the Site is a site targeted to parents and guardians, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
If you are located outside of the United States, you should know that the information you provide to us is being transmitted to us and processed in the United States and will be protected subject to this Policy and United States laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country. Also, this Site places cookies and local shared objects on your computer or device which are further described below. By using the Site, you agree to this.
What Information Is Collected on This Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you or the potential participant in the DCP Championship or allow someone to contact you or the participant, as well as information attributed with such information. We collect Personal Information such as your name and the name of the potential participant, your relation to the potential participant, your email address and other information.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site. This information is referred to herein as “Site Usage” information.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional Site Usage information about your Site visits. For example:
- Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, click here.
- HTML5 (the language some Web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
- Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited our Website or another web site in the past.
- Browser history sniffing may be used to enable us to detect whether you have visited a Web page of ours or of someone else’s in the past by determining whether its URL is located in the list of URLs stored in your Web browser’s history file.
- Browser fingerprinting can enable us to recognize your computer or device as the same one that has been used to visit the Site in the past based on various detectable information from your computer or device that, together, can be used as a “fingerprint” of your computer or device.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages. These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf.
These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Site Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
How Is Your Information Used?
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions in connection with the DCP Championship:
- enabling users to use our Site and its features
- processing and fulfilling your submissions
- administering the Site and your relationship with us
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- market research
- developing new features and offerings on the Site
- protecting our rights and property
- preventing fraud
- customizing our Site to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Please note that the names of any individuals selected to participate in the DCP Championship may be publicly available on the Site.
We may use several social networking and blogging platforms to communicate with the public, some of which are operated by third parties, such as Facebook. This Policy applies to our use of information you submit to us there, but it does not apply to what those third party platforms do with your information. Those platforms have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them.
We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf) and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Site with other Site users, we may share your information:
when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law .in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of businessIn addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
The Site may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Drive, Chip & Putt Championship
Phone: (800) 474-2776
Effective Date: April 8, 2013